WAS COVERAGE OF IRMA MORE INTENSE BECAUSE OF HARVEY?

By Cornelius Woodard

Alex Reyes

Brandon Martin

WAS NEWS COVERAGE OF IRMA MORE INTENSE BECAUSE OF HARVEY?

Hurricane Harvey was a devastating storm that caused unspeakable catastrophe to lives of the ones who lived in Houston. The damage and intensity was unexpected, and we believe this is what caused more news coverage of  Hurricane Irma.

We talked to several students on their opinions to see if they felt that there was a more intense coverage of Hurricane Irma because of the devastating effects of Hurricane Harvey.

Listen to how these students felt below:

Kaleigh Stough, a junior at the University of Oklahoma, was asked, “Do you think there was more news coverage of Hurricane Irma because of Hurricane Harvey, and if so, do you think it caused Florida to be more prepared? Here is her response.

Alex Klien, a Civil Engineer major was asked, “Do you think there was more news coverage of Hurricane Irma because of Hurricane Harvey, and if so, do you think it caused Florida to be more prepared? Here is his response.

Ian Hampton, a Finance mayor, was asked, “Do you think there was more news coverage of Hurricane Irma because of Hurricane Harvey, and if so, do you think it caused Florida to be more prepared? Here is his response.

John Lemon, a junior at the University of Oklahoma, was asked, “Do you think there was more news coverage of Hurricane Irma because of Hurricane Harvey, and if so, do you think it caused Florida to be more prepared? Here is his response.

Jose Escoto, a psychology major, was asked, “Do you think there was more news coverage of Hurricane Irma because of Hurricane Harvey, and if so, do you think it caused Florida to be more prepared? Here is his response.

Kendra Nowak, an advertising major, was asked, “Do you think there was more news coverage of Hurricane Irma because of Hurricane Harvey, and if so, do you think it caused Florida to be more prepared? Here is her response.

Rachelle Alvey, a senior at the University of Oklahoma, was asked, “Do you think there was more news coverage of Hurricane Irma because of Hurricane Harvey, and if so, do you think it caused Florida to be more prepared? Here is her response.

Renell Jones, an accounting major, was asked, “Do you think there was more news coverage of Hurricane Irma because of Hurricane Harvey, and if so, do you think it caused Florida to be more prepared? Here is her response.

There is no way to actually determine if there was more coverage of Hurricane Irma because of Harvey, but we thought it would be beneficial to get the opinions of some students on campus and see how they felt.

Based off their opinions, more coverage was indeed covered in response to Harvey and this caused Florida to prepare for its coming of Irma.