Gaylord News is a reporting project of the University of Oklahoma Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication

Gaylord News

Gaylord News

Gaylord News

OU students participate in ‘Cocoa 2 Go’

University of Oklahoma students top up their cocoa during an event held yesterday in the Oklahoma Memorial Union.

Students were able to customize hot chocolate amongst Christmas lights and holiday music during an event held at the University of Oklahoma.

Over 100 students participated in the Union Programming Board’s first “Cocoa 2 Go” event held in Beaird Lounge at the Oklahoma Memorial Union.

Students were given a mason jar and presented with over 1,000 possible topping combinations. They were also given the option to decorate their jars with a variety of festive ribbons.

The event had a bigger purpose than serving as a drink stop, said Mareyba Fawad, UPB coordinator for the event.

“I hope it’s a place where people can really relax this time around the semester,” said Fawad. “I feel this is a great event to de-stress, chill, do something really cute, take some pictures and just have a good time.”

Along with the toppings and hot chocolate, there was a photo booth at the event where students could take pictures.

“I love photo booths, they’re so much fun,” said Taylor Huizenga, an OU student participating in the festivities. “I feel like it was the cherry on top for this awesome event.”